Monday, December 4, 2017

I'm on my way to 80K bonus points with the Chase Ink Business Preferred


Some of you may or may not know that I'm a credit card points hobbyist.  I've written before about my trip to Sydney, Australia funded by points, as well as why I think the Capital Venture one card is a piece of shit.

I'm not going to repeat myself here, but there are a lot of great credit card offers where you can rack up points for travel.  A lot of people are concerned about how opening up too many credit card accounts will effect their credit score.  My advice: stop being a fucking pussy.

Business cards are interesting because there are a lot of lucrative bonuses out there that people self-select out of because they don't think they're qualified.  Truth is, all you need to do to get a business card is say you have a sole proprietorship, make up a funny business name, and boom, you've got a business card.  What kind of business is "Just the Tip" involved in?  I sell shit on eBay.  That's good enough for Chase.

Other haters wonder what 80K points is worth.  With Chase, if you redeem them through the travel portal, they're worth $1000 in travel.  If you're not into that, you can get $800 cash back, which is a lot more than the $95 annual fee.  Even people that suck at math can figure that out.  If you want to go next level (like me), you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve card which means I can transfer the 80K to that card, and POOF! My points are worth $1200.

If you want some more official-looking shit, here's a post by the Points Guy regarding the Chase Ink Preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment