Saturday, August 10, 2019

I'm taking a euro trip later this month with the plane ticket funded by Chase Points



Okay - been a while since I've thrown up a shitty blog no one is going to read, but I figured I'd brag about the next trip I'm taking with a flight to Europe covered by points.  I've written about this before like my trip to Australia as well as my applying for and being approved for business cards (Ink Preferred, Ink Cash, Ink Unlimited).

What gets me is when people say this shit is "too complicated" and I'll just stick to using one credit card I've had for years because it's "easy."  Well, that's what credit card companies want you to do.  They're banking on your laziness to get a return on their acquisition cost (if you signed up for a card that offers a bonus).  You'll earn a minuscule cash back or point return on all your purchases instead of taking advantage of huge lightning strikes in the form of new sign up bonuses.

Well, look, does this seem like it's worth it?


113K and change points may sound like a lot, but between the 3 business cards I've gotten over the last 18 months or so, those bonuses alone add up to 180K points (80K for the ink preferred, 50K apiece for the ink cash and ink unlimited).  I get it, if you're planning a trip in two months, you sure as shit aren't going to be able to hit a credit card bonus and book a ticket in that time.  But if you constantly amass points, when you get a text from a friend that says "Hey, do you want to go to Barcelona?"  This can be your answer:


But hey, I get it.  You don't like free shit.  You'd rather get 1% cash back from Discover like it's 2004.  Or you prefer "double miles" from Capital One.  Whatever does it for you I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment